The Swiss Bears Cup 2023 (until 2019 the longsword tournament of the Swiss Gathering) will take place in its third installation on the 7. and 8. of October 2023 in the town of Berne. It is organized by the Reisläufer Bern, and supported by our main sponsor SwissHEMA, our other sponsors, and shouldered by many members and clubs of the Swiss HEMA community, as well as recurring international competitive fencers. Up to 100 fencers will be competing in the open longsword tournament. As one of the novelties this year, we will have a fully separate women longsword tournament. As the tournament will start on Saturday morning, we highly recommend arriving on Friday evening. The end will be early to mid Sunday afternoon, so foreigners have plenty of time to return home.
The registration will open on saturday, 03.06.2023 at 20:00 GMT+2! The registration link will be posted to the facebook event.
What makes the Swiss Bears Cup special?
– Affordable price
– One of the most competitive tournaments of central Europe, featuring the Swiss tournament scene and usually and increasingly frequented by friends from France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands and Hungary
– 2 days with a strict focus on the tournament
– A free gym hall is specifically designated for warm up and free sparring.
– The same organizers for last 4th years
– Experienced Swiss and international judges with high reported satisfaction by the participants
– Life displays with the score and time for every ring, including life results on the internet
– All results will be forwarded to the global ranking (hemaratings.com)
– First-aid is provided
– Sleeping places and showers within a coin-toss
– Optional dinner on Saturday evening
– Requirement to bring your own food (or buy it in the Supermarket / eat out)
– Enough time to travel back (end mid-afternoon on Sunday)
Aproximately one week prior to the event, you will be contacted via e-mail with a detailed event schedule. The address is:
Turnhalle Gymnasium Neufeld 1-4
Bremgartenstrasse 131 – 133
If you have more than 1 hour of travel time to the event, you can use the sleeping accomodations on site. In this case be sure to bring your own sleeping bag.
The ruleset of the last bears cup can be found under the following link:
We will update the rules in the coming months. You can expect minor changes regarding safety.
If any questions arise, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org