This autumn you have a unique opportunity – to take part in the first ever Bulgarian HEMA tournament event, Sofia CrossSwords 2022.
We have prepared for you two very special tournaments in two days – a familiar ruleset, but unique formats and weapons.
We will begin with the classic Longsword competition on Saturday, but with a twist – no matter your skill and luck, you won’t go back home with just a couple of fights. Each participant will have at least 9 matches and will have the privillige to judge just as many.
And on Sunday, we will provide all participants with the chance to compete with the SIGI Arming swords in the first of its kind single Аrming sword tournament.
You can compete in one or both tourneys, and there will be free sparring space on Sunday.
Currently all Longsword places are taken and all future applicants will be going into a waiting list.
We have 1 spot left for the Arming Sword tournament.
If you register will we contact you via email.
Who can participate and in what:
– It’s an Open tournament and all fencers that can equip themselves and follow the rules of the tournament can participate
– Both of the competitions will have a 30 people limit
– A fencer can register for one or both tournaments
– One tournament – 45 Euro (90 BGN)
– Second tournament – 25 Euro (50 BGN)
– Free fencing on Sunday (only payable if you are not in any tournament) – 10 Euro (20 BGN)
What is included:
– Participating in the number of tournaments you’ve registered for
– Some light lunch/snacks on each day
– Water from water dispensers
Additionally you can purchase:
– Event shirt – 20 Euro (40 BGN)
– Event water bottle – 10 Euro (20 BGN)
How will you register:
– You will have to fill in a Google form with some personal data that will be used exclusively for the organisation of the event
– You will have to provide an email that will be used to complete the registration and for further communication
– You must have read the equipment requirements and tournament rules before registering
While we may be able to accommodate some non-fencing guests, please let us know if you intend to bring someone along so we have a general idea of how many people to expect. This will not be an event focused for an outside audience.
If you have any questions, do let us know in comments, private messages or email – email@example.com.